What to do if freckles don`t seem beautiful or you simply don`t like them at all? Since people cannot change their genetic component of freckling on their own, the primary prevention measure aims at avoiding the sun as well as using sun-protection includes the following tips. Please, learn them carefully and take all the precautions.
- Use sunscreen cream with 30 as its sun protection factor
- Use wide-brimmed hats (six inches) and prevent tanning
- Use sun-protective clothing (long pants, long sleeves)
- Avoid peak hours of sun that is from 10 am to 4 pm
- Stay indoors and seeking shade
Freckle prevention ideally is much effective as compared to other methods where individuals try removing freckles that already have developed on the skin. Treatments and remedies for freckle-reduction are highly tough as well as not satisfactory always.
Individuals with a known hereditary tendency of freckles must start using sun protection in summer from early childhood. Much of the sun, as well as UV skin damages, occur when children are below 18 years of age.
People who are fair-skinned are the ones who are most prone to sunburns and freckling as well as are at higher risk of developing skin cancer. In their case, freckles can be a warning sign of skin sensitivity that is extremely vulnerable to potential skin cancer and sunburn.
What are the treatment options available for freckles?
Several effective and safe methods are there that can assist in reducing or lighting appearance of freckles on the face. Generally, multiple treatments or combination of treatments can be used for getting best results. It is not guaranteed that everyone’s skin would improve with similar treatment options as freckles can come back when individuals are under repeated expose of UV rays.
- Fading or bleaching creams: products that contain kojic acid and hydroquinone can be bought with or without prescription. Hydroquinone’s higher concentration that is more than 2% requires a prescription. Such products will assist in lightening freckles when they are consistently applied over a period of months. Fading or bleaching creams are highly effective when combined with sun protection and sun avoidance.
- Retinoids: at times used in combination with some other bleaching creams, Tazorac (tazarotene), tretinoin (Retin-A, vitamin A acid), and Differin (adapalene) can also assist in lightening freckles when consistently applied over a long period of time.
- Cryosurgery: light frozen using liquid nitrogen can be used in the office of a physician for treating few kinds of freckles. All spots don’t respond to burning or freezing.
- Laser Treatment: several kinds of lasers can assist in decreasing and lightening the appearance of freckles effectively and safely. Just like cryosurgery, it is a safe and simple procedure with a higher rate of success as well as lower risk of skin discolouration and scarring.
- Intense Pulsed Light or Photofacials treatments: these are pulsed light treatments that help in removing and lightening freckles. It isn’t a true laser method but the intense light source.
- Chemical peels: chemical peels can assist freckles to fade as well as improving irregular pigmentation (chloasma).
- Natural Remedies: using lemon juice might help to get rid of freckles as well as parsley juice.